The Angeles National Forest announced it will end issuing free use firewood permits on Nov. 11, 2021.
All permits for forest products, including firewood, will go back to a charge basis starting Nov. 12, 2021. Only dead and downed wood is available for firewood collection.
If you would like a permit, contact one of the following offices:
– Los Angeles Gateway Ranger District Office – 818-899-1900
– Acton Work Center – 661-269-2808
– San Gabriel Mountains Monument Office – 626-335-1251
Or you may contact the following individuals via email to request a permit:
– Steven Bear, L.A. Gateway Resource Officer, Steven.Bear@usda.gov
– Vilius Zukauskas, L.A. Gateway Forester, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Angie Stever, L.A. Gateway Special Uses Permit Administrator, email@example.com
– Errol Zamora-Sanchez, Forest Protection Officer Visitor Services Information Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Permit and maps are available at the Forest Service Ranger District offices by appointment. You are required to have a copy of the permit with you while collecting forest products.