The California State University welcomes approximately 132,855 new students this fall with innovative programs and transformative, high-quality courses that contribute to student achievement and academic success.
Freshman and transfer students submitted approximately 790,000 applications to CSU campuses for admission in fall 2015—a record-high for the 23-campus system. This fall, CSU campuses will have 65,145 new freshman, 49,066 new transfer students, and 18,644 new graduate students. The 2015 fall census will establish official counts in late September.
Many CSU campuses are breaking university records, as many will receive their largest freshman class. Some campuses include the following:
* With 42,000 students, CSUN will see its largest student body in the university history.
* A projected 23,882 students – the largest number in Fresno State history – will begin the university’s 105th year of instruction.
* Sonoma State welcomes 9,400 students, including 1,900 freshmen, as its largest student body and freshman class in the university’s 54-year history.
* The largest incoming class of freshmen in Humboldt State history–1,429 strong–brings the overall enrollment to 8,600 students, also a record for the university.
* San Francisco State will greet more than 4,200 new freshmen, the most the university has ever had.
* Sacramento State’s incoming 3,800 first-year students is a new record for the school.
* CSU San Marcos kicks off the year with a record number of students—14,000 total.
* San Diego State’s incoming class is among the most academically accomplished in SDSU history with 22 freshmen receiving SAT scores over 1500 and 800 receiving scores over 1300. Both are records for the university.
With thousands of new faces on campus, diversity is on the rise. At Humboldt State, the Hispanic/Latino student population makes up 44 percent of the university’s incoming freshman—the largest representation of any identified ethnicity. The incoming class at Chico State is also the most racially diverse in campus history. This year, 58 percent of first-time freshman and 38 percent of incoming transfers at Chico State are students of color. Currently, more than half of CSU students are students of color with one-third of undergraduates being the first in their families to attend college. To learn more about the CSU students, visit http://www.calstate.edu/PA/2015Facts/students.shtml.
The California State Universityis the largest system of senior higher education in the country, with 23 campuses, 47,000 faculty and staff and more than 460,000 students. Half of the CSU’s students transfer from California Community Colleges.
California State University, Northridge has received a $1 million gift from design software giant Autodesk to support the creation of a Center for Integrated Design and Advanced Manufacturing at the university.
How do we protect our kids’ data and privacy in an increasingly online world? Tech officials claim the responsibility lies with parents. Parents, in turn, say they are often overwhelmed or unaware of the hundreds of ways their children’s privacy and data can be breached.
The Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce announced Tuesday the creation of a new NonProfit Council designed specifically for local 501c(3) nonprofits who are members of the Chamber to keep our local non-profits on the forefront in charitable giving, advocacy and regulations.
The William S. Hart Union High School District Governing Board unanimously voted to recognize the week of Feb. 3-7 as National School Counseling Week across the district during Wednesday night’s board meeting.
Did you sign up for a Medicare Advantage health plan last year only to find that it doesn’t meet your needs? Not to worry.You still have time to switch to another Medicare Advantage plan, or return to Original Medicare.
Former Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Deputy Angel Reinosa has been charged with falsely reporting that he had been shot by a sniper while in the parking lot of the Lancaster Sheriff’s Station on August 21, 2019, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced Thursday.