Valencia Crime Information and Public Safety Report for the Week of April 10-16, 2017
Here is the Valencia Public Safety and Crime Prevention Information Report for the week of April 10-16, 2017.
Stolen Vehicle- 24100 block of Del Monte Drive
An unknown suspect stole the victim’s 2014 Mini Cooper Countryman.
Petty Theft (Unlocked vehicle) -28500 block of Westinghouse Place
An unknown suspect made entry into the victim’s unlocked car and stole a few personal items.
Grand Theft- 25600 block of Avenue Stanford
An unknown suspect stole the victim’s personal trailer (Vortec) which contained numerous motorcycles and motorcycle gear
Burglary (Vehicle) – 24100 block of Del Monte Drive
An unknown suspect made entry into the victim’s locked vehicle and stole numerous personal items. The suspect made entry into the car by breaking the locking mechanism.
Grand Theft- 24000 block of Newhall Ranch Road
An unknown suspect stole approximately $2000.00 in U.S. Currency from the victim’s purse at her place of business.
Burglary (Vehicle)- 23900 of Newhall Ranch Road
An unknown suspect shattered the victim’s window and stole her purse which was on the back floorboard of the vehicle.
Grand Theft -27100 block of McBean Parkway
An unknown suspect was able to force entry into a locked box and steal a copper backflow valve.
Vehicle (Burglary) -28200 block of Rye Canyon Road
An unknown suspect entered the victim’s unlocked gym locker and stole her keys. The suspect then walked out to the victim’s car, used her keys to enter her car and stole several personal items.
Petty Theft- 24400 block of Magic Mountain Parkway
A female suspect was arrested at the location for trying to exit the store without paying for items she had concealed.
Burglary (Commercial) -25200 block of Avenue Tibbits
An unknown suspect tried to force entry into the location but was unsuccessful. Nothing inside the location was missing.
Burglary (Vehicle) -24400 block of McBean Parkway
An unknown suspect shattered the victim’s vehicle window and possibly made entry into the vehicle. Nothing was reported stolen at the time of the incident.
Vehicle (Burglary) -28500 block of Westinghouse Place.
An unknown suspect made entry into the victim’s car and stole a personal guitar. The suspect smashed the victim’s car window to gain access to the item.
Burglary (Shoplifting) -24200 block of Magic Mountain Parkway
A female suspect walked into the location with an empty bag and walked around the store looking at items. The suspect then filled her bag with several items and exited the store without paying for the items.
Grand Theft- 24500 block of Town Center Drive
An unknown suspect stole several packages from the victim’s door step that contained high dollar valued items.
WHAT IS CHILD ABUSE?
Child abuse is legally defined as:
• A physical injury which is inflicted by other than accidental means on a child by another person.
• Sexual abuse, including both sexual assault and sexual exploitation.
• Willful cruelty or unjustifiable punishment of a child.
• Cruel or inhuman corporal punishment or injury.
• Neglect, including both severe and general neglect.
• Abuse (all of the above) in out-of-home care.
INDICATORS OF CHILD ABUSE
Below are some indicators of child abuse which can help you recognize an existing or potential problem of abuse.
Physical abuse may be defined as any act which results in a nonaccidental physical injury.
Indicators of physical abuse:
• Bruises, burns, abrasions, lacerations, or swelling caused by other than accidental means.
• Belt buckle marks, handprints, bite marks and pinches.
• Child states injury was caused by abuse.
• Injury unusual for a specific age group.
• A history of previous or recurrent injuries.
• Unexplained injuries; conflicting explanations or reasons for injury.
• Child excessively passive, compliant or fearful.
• Caretaker attempts to hide injuries.
Neglect is essentially the negligent treatment or maltreatment of a child by a parent or caretaker under circumstances indicating harm or threatened harm to the child’s health or welfare.
Sexual abuse is defined as acts of sexual assault on and the sexual exploitation of minors.
Indicators of sexual abuse:
• Child reports sexual activities to a trusted person.
• Detailed and age-inappropriate understanding of sexual behavior (especially by younger children).
• Child wears torn, stained or bloody underclothing.
• Child is victim of other forms of abuse.
Involvement does not mean physical intervention or snooping on your neighbor. It simply means not ignoring the obvious. Fear of involvement has resulted in family tragedies in which neighbors reported they knew what was going on, but declined to get involved.
If a member of the community, who is not required by law to report, does not want to identify himself or herself, the report may be made anonymously.
To report suspected child abuse contact your local:
• Police or Sheriff’s Department;
• County Welfare Department; or
• County Juvenile Probation Department
Valencia Crime Prevention Deputy Brian Heischuber
661-255-1121 EXT. 5164
Shirley Miller, Public Information Officer
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
Twitter @SCVSheriff http://www.twitter.com/scvsheriff
SCV Station Homepage – http://www.santaclarita.lasd.org
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/SantaClaritaValleySheriffsStation