A 40-year-old man pleaded no contest for attempting to sexually assault a 5-year-old girl at a wedding reception in Valencia last year, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced Wednesday.
Deputy District Attorney Ani Bailey said Jeff Boulter of Long Beach entered the plea to one felony count of attempted lewd act upon a child and one misdemeanor count of indecent exposure.
Boulter will have to complete 52 weeks of sex impulse counseling before sentencing on March 18, 2020, in Department F of the Los Angeles County Superior Court, San Fernando Branch.
Boulter led the victim to a dark corner on May 19, 2018, the prosecutor said. A server at the wedding saw the assault and confronted the defendant who then fled, the prosecutor added.
Case PA091028 was investigated by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Santa Clarita Station.