From August 1 through November 30, the City of Santa Clarita Public Library is offering a wide array of free reading activities for young children as part of Fall Storytimes.
“The Santa Clarita Public Library is a vibrant place, full of laughter and innovation where children and young people can have a good time,” commented Mayor Marsha McLean. “Fall Storytimes is a reflection of the City’s commitment to create early literacy opportunities for young children and their parents.”
Designed to help children and family members build an early foundation for learning and reading, Fall Storytimes features books, rhymes, songs and dancing throughout the week at the Valencia, Newhall and Jo Anne Darcy Canyon Country Library branches. Storytime program options include:
Baby and Toddler Storytime
- Recommended for children ages 6 to 36 months old
- Available on Wednesdays at 9:30 a.m. at the Jo Anne Darcy Canyon Country Library; Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. at the Valencia Library; and Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. at the Newhall Library.
School Readiness Storytime
- Recommended for children ages 3 to 5 years old
- Available on Tuesdays at 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. at the Jo Anne Darcy Canyon Country Library; Mondays at 12:30 p.m. at the Valencia Library; and Thursdays at 12:30 p.m. at the Newhall Library.
- Recommended for families with children of differing age groups
- Available on Mondays at 3:30 p.m. at the Jo Anne Darcy Canyon Country Library; and Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. at the Valencia Library. Additionally, bilingual readings are available on the second and fourth Saturday at 10:00 a.m. at the Newhall Library.
The Valencia library also offers Grandparents’ Days every Monday for grandparents to network with other care-giving grandparents at Baby Toddler and School Readiness Storytime.
All programs are free and open to the public. Participating branches include the Valencia Library, located at 23743 W. Valencia Boulevard; the Jo Anne Darcy Canyon Country Library, located at 18601 Soledad Canyon Boulevard; and the Newhall Library, located at 22704 W. Ninth Street.
For details on programs and performances at each location contact Santa Clarita Youth Services Coordinator Kelly Behle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REAL NAMES ONLY: All posters must use their real individual or business name. This applies equally to Twitter account holders who use a nickname.
You can be the first one to leave a comment.