Los Angeles County’s fight against homelessness reaches a key milestone on Tuesday, September 26, as the Measure H Citizens’ Oversight Advisory Board holds its inaugural meeting from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The board’s five panelists, each appointed by a member of the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, will review and evaluate all Measure H spending.
Their work is a crucial component of the accountability built into the voter-approved measure.
The members of the Measure H Citizens’ Oversight Advisory Board are:
* Mercedes Marquez, appointed by 1st District Supervisor Hilda L. Solis
* Renata Simril, appointed by 2nd District Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas
* Christine Margiotta, appointed by 3rd District Supervisor Sheila Kuehl
* Andrew Kerr, appointed by 4th District Supervisor Janice Hahn
* Bishop John Mark Richardson, appointed by 5th District Supervisor Kathryn Barger
The meeting will take place in Room 739 at the Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration, 500 West Temple Street, Los Angeles 90012.
The meeting agenda and bios of the advisory group members can be found at http://homeless.lacounty.gov/citizens-oversight-advisory-board/.
For more information on L.A. County’s Homeless Initiative, go to http://homeless.lacounty.gov/.