The next meeting of the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors is set for Tuesday, Jan. 15, starting at 9:30 a.m.
The meeting will be streamed live here.
Among the agenda items is a motion by Supervisor Kathryn Barger to establish a pilot program for regulation of e-scooters in the unincorporated areas of the county.
The Board will also consider a motion by Supervisor Hilda L. Solis to send a five-signature letter to the Trump Administration expressing “deep concern with the lapse of funding for (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) as a result of the partial government shutdown, the potential impact it will have on LA County recipients, and the urgent need for a resolution for continued funding for Federally funded programs such as SNAP” in California, where SNAP is known as CalFresh.
More agenda highlights follow (see the full agenda here):
Presentations & Proclamations:
- Individuals who took part in a peaceful protest at the United States-Mexico Border, in recognition of their advocacy for our immigrant community
- The Committee of Interns & Residents – Service Employees International Union, in recognition of their activism in support of our immigrant community
- Survivor-advocates Kristina Fitz and Oree Freeman, in recognition of “National Human Trafficking Prevention Month”
- Skye Patrick, in recognition of being named Librarian of the Year
- In recognition of the 116th Annual Korean American Day
- Camp Scott and the Los Angeles County Probation Department, in recognition of their work on the Kitten Academy Program
- Proclaim January as “Human Trafficking Prevention Month” (Item 4)
Special District Agendas:
- Federal Government Shutdown Impact on CalFresh (Item 2)
- Newly-Elected Municipal Officials Leadership Academy (Item 6)
- Establishing E-Scooter and Bicycle Pilot Program (Item 7)
- Resolution for Project No. R2015-02007-(2) (Item 8)
Children and Families’ Well-Being:
- Welfare-to-Work Vocational Intermediary and Direct Services Contract (Item 9)
Health and Mental Health Services:
- Report on the Health Agency’s Progress Serving as the Capital Improvements Intermediary (Item 10)
- Weed Abatement and Brush Clearance Referees (Item 11)
- Transportation Delivery Services Contracts (Item 12)
- Live Oak Library Refurbishment Project Construction Contract (Item 15)
- Morris Dam Low-Flow Outlet and Facility Improvement Construction Contract (Item 18)
- Report on the Implementation of the California Public Safety Realignment Act (Item 19)
- Report on Compliance with the Rosas Agreement (Item 21)
- Change of Employment Status and Establish the Salary for Interim Director, Los Angeles County Health Agency (Item 25, Final Revised Board Letter)
Notices of Closed Session: