The Samuel Dixon Family Health Centers Inc. announced the winners Friday of the 14h Annual Rubber Ducky Festival.
On Saturday, Oct. 1, approximately 2,500 rubber ducks raced down a man-made waterway in Bridgeport Park toward great prizes. SDFHC is contacting winners for delivery of prizes.
Duck Race Winners:
GRAND PRIZE WINNER, $2500: Cynthia Danico
2nd Place, $1500: Allison Malson
3rd Place, $500: Jack & Grace Elliot\
Raffle Prize Winners:
1. Madcap Balloon Party Certificate: Palik
2. Ice Station Valencia Gift Certificate: Amber Avila
3. San Diego Zoo tickets: Reda Previciene
4. Valencia Laser Blast Gift Certificate: Lisa Gustafson
5. Mission: Renaissance Art Classes Certificate: Jailyn Ross
6. Salon Centric (Women’s) Gift Basket: Suzanne Burtner
7. Salon Centric (Men’s) Gift Basket: Geri Jonas
8. SDFHC Ducky Gift Basket: Leah
9. Rams Mystery Prize: Reda Previciene
10. Outdoor Games Set: Charlie Earaias
11. Six Flags Tickets: Lupe Hallak
12. Wine Gift Basket: Amber Avila
All proceeds from the event goes directly to provide patient care at SDFHC’s three health centers here in the Santa Clarita Valley.
About Samuel Dixon Family Health Centers Inc.
SDFHC was established in 1980 and named for longtime Val Verde resident and minister, the late Rev. Samuel Dixon. As the only non-profit health center founded and based in the Santa Clarita Valley, SDFHC serves the greater Santa Clarita Valley and is governed by a local board of directors, all of whom are Santa Clarita residents. The mission of SDFHC is to enhance wellness by providing quality primary health care, dental, and behavioral health counseling services to un-served and underserved residents, with a special emphasis on serving the uninsured. Easily accessible services are available for the entire family in both English and Spanish. MediCal, Medicare, private insurances as well as local programs benefiting the uninsured are all accepted. Although a sliding fee scale is offered to those who are uninsured, keeping health care affordable for all, no person shall be refused services because of an inability to pay. SDFHC is supported by countless individuals as well as corporate sponsors who help make affordable health care possible. Tax-deductible contributions are welcome. Health services are available at the Val Verde Health Center (661-257-4008), the Canyon Country Health Center (661-424-1220), and the Newhall Health Center (661-291-1777). www.sdfhc.org.