Princess Cruises, the world’s fastest growing premium cruise line, celebrated a significant construction milestone today with the recent float out of Enchanted Princess at its building dock at Fincantieri Shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy. A ceremony marked the occasion as the ship has now officially met the ocean for the first time.
Following the Italian shipyard’s custom, the float out of a ship is celebrated by presenting a “madrina,” or godmother to “bless the ship” and celebrate the flow of water into the ship’s building dock. President and CEO Doris Magsaysay Ho of the Magsaysay Group in the Philippines, one of the largest and most trusted human resource companies in the Asia Pacific region, accepted a personal invitation from Princess Cruises president Jan Swartz, to serve in this special role. Ms. Ho has been at the helm of a long-standing partnership with Princess Cruises to recruit, train and develop skilled crew members who work onboard the cruise lines global fleet.
“At Princess Cruises, our crew members are truly the heart of our company and the reason we are able to create memorable vacation experiences for our guests every day,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “Ms. Ho’s passion for the ship manning business and our seafarers led her to grow Magsaysay into the successful business it is today and we’re proud to employ more than 7,000 Filipino crew members onboard our ships. We’re honored to reflect on our successful partnership and proudly name her Madrina of Enchanted Princess.”
Now that the ship is afloat, Enchanted Princess will be moved to the outfitting dock where final construction and interior furnishing will take place. Enchanted Princess is scheduled to debut on June 19, 2020 with a season of Mediterranean cruises.
The 143,700-ton ship carries 3,660 guests and will include the best of the stunning features found on Royal Princess, Regal Princess, Majestic Princess and Sky Princess, as well as new offerings that represent an evolution of the current ships’ designs.
Signature features to debut onboard Enchanted Princess, include:
– Largest balconies at sea for guests in the Sky Suites accommodations, featuring the largest continuous private balconies ever offered by any cruise line. Measuring 1,012 square feet (starboard side Sky Suite) and 947 square feet (port side Sky Suite), the furnished balconies will provide a private vantage of the ship’s Movie Under the Stars screen and create the ultimate space for entertaining. The two suites will also offer 270-degree panorama views and have sleeping capacity for five guests, and more room for gathering — making them ideal for families.
– Princess MedallionClass™ Vacations enabled by the OceanMedallion, this complimentary wearable device is the most advanced in the vacation industry. Delivering a hassle-free, personalized vacation giving guests more time to enjoy what they love most about cruising.
– Award-winning entertainment offerings, including the only jazz theater at sea Take Five, the popular – – Vista Lounge and an enhanced Princess Theater with the newest production show, Rock Opera. This one-of-a-kind production will feature incredible costumes inspired by glamorous avant garde fashion with a musical soundtrack spanning classic rock, opera and musical theater.
– First-of-its-kind, digitally enhanced experience Phantom Bridge, combining digital and physical elements for the ultimate immersive escape room.
– World-class dining with more than 25 restaurants and bars onboard. From the World Fresh Marketplace to guest favorites like the Crown Grill Steakhouse and Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria, offering the Northern Italian flavors of acclaimed chef, Angelo Auriana and Bistro Sur La Mer, a French eatery by Chef Emmanuel Renaut whose Flocons de Sel restaurant has received three Michelin stars.
– Contemporary-designed Sanctuary with eight private cabanas – offering an adults-only area for rest and relaxation.
– The Enclave at Lotus Spa onboard Enchanted Princess will include Princess’s largest thermal suite at sea – featuring a stunning hydrotherapy pool, heated stone beds, Turkish bath and dry, steam, and aromatherapy chambers.
For more details about Enchanted Princess, visit www.princess.com/enchanted.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel advisor, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237), or by visiting the company’s website at princess.com.
About Princess Cruises
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is the fastest growing international premium cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 17 modern cruise ships, carrying two million guests each year to 380 destinations around the globe, including the Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera, Europe, South America, Australia/New Zealand, the South Pacific, Hawaii, Asia, Canada/New England, Antarctica and World Cruises. A team of professional destination experts have curated 170 itineraries, ranging in length from three to 111 days and Princess Cruises is continuously recognized as “Best Cruise Line for Itineraries.”
In 2017 Princess Cruises, with parent company Carnival Corporation, introduced MedallionClass Vacations enabled by the OceanMedallion, the vacation industry’s most advanced wearable device, provided free to each guest sailing on a MedallionClass ship. The award-winning innovation offers the fastest way to a hassle-free, personalized vacation giving guests more time to do the things they love most. MedallionClass Vacations will be activated on five ships by the end of 2019. An activation plan will continue across the global fleet in 2020 and beyond.
Princess Cruises continues its multi-year, “Come Back New Promise” – a $450 million-dollar product innovation and cruise ship renovation campaign that will continue to enhance the line’s onboard guest experience. These enhancements result in more moments of awe, lifetime memories and meaningful stories for guests to share from their cruise vacation. The product innovations include partnerships with award-winning Chef Curtis Stone; engaging entertainment inspired shows with Broadway-legend Stephen Schwartz; immersive activities for the whole family from Discovery and Animal Planet that include exclusive shore excursions to onboard activities; the ultimate sleep at sea with the award-winning Princess Luxury Bed and more.
Three new Royal-class ships are currently on order with the next new ship under construction, Sky Princess, scheduled for delivery in October 2019, followed by Enchanted Princess in June 2020. Princess previously announced that two new (LNG) ships which will be the largest ships in the Princess fleet, accommodating approximately 4,300 guests are planned for delivery in 2023 and 2025. Princess now has five ships arriving over the next six years between 2019 and 2025. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE:CUK).