The Lancaster JetHawks, High-A California League affiliate of the Colorado Rockies, roll out their 2017 Holiday Caravan Saturday, November 18 as the team takes part in Grace Resource Center’s Thanksgiving basket distribution.
Each year the JetHawks’ Holiday Caravan gets bigger and bigger as the organization continues its efforts to support the needs of the Antelope Valley.
The JetHawks Baseball Foundation has donated turkeys, allowing Grace Resource Center to provide families in need with all of the essentials for their Thanksgiving dinner.
On Saturday, members of the JetHawks front office staff and JetHawks mascot KaBoom will also be on hand to assist in distributing the baskets.
“Being involved in the community is something our organization focuses on year round,” stated JetHawks Executive Vice-President Tom Backemeyer. “The Holiday Caravan is just a small part of how our organization tries to give back to our community each year.”
The Caravan will continue throughout the holiday season with the JetHawks visiting several different organizations in the community.
Along the way, the team will be handing out toys to kids and delivering a Holiday cheer to those who may be less fortunate.
A complete list of this year’s Holiday Caravan is as follows:
* Saturday, November 18 – Grace Resource Center, 8 a.m.
* Monday, December 4 – JetHawks Stadium, 2-4pm (Pictures with Santa)
* Friday, December 15 – Antelope Valley Hospital (Children’s Unit), 9:45 a.m.
* Tuesday, December 19 – Grace Resource Center – 10 a.m.
* Tuesday, December 19 – Antelope Valley Boys & Girls Clubs (Lancaster and Palmdale), 4 p.m.
* Thursday, December 21 – William J. “Pete” Knight Veterans Home – Noon
For more information or to get involved with this year’s Caravan, contact the JetHawks Front office at 661-726-5400.
The JetHawks kick off their 23rd season in Lancaster with the home opener slated for April 5, 2018.