The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors has published the agenda for their Tuesday, November 19 meeting starting at 9:30 a.m.
The meeting will be streamed live here.
Among the agenda items, the Supervisors will consider Newhall Ranch Sanitation District of Los Angeles County recommendations (SD-1) for two proposed rate ordinances that would hike fees to accommodate new development in the district.
The rate ordinances establish a revenue program that requires residential, commercial, and industrial dischargers to pay an annual user charge based upon their use of the Districts’ sewerage facilities, according to the agenda item.
The proposed service charge rates for fiscal years 2019-20, 2020-21, 2021-22, and 2022-23 are $53.13 per month ($637.50 per year), $54.72 per month ($656.60 per year), $56.36 per month ($676.30 per year), and $58.05 per month ($696.60 per year), respectively, an increase of 3 percent per year.
Multi-family residential units will pay 60% of the single-family home rate and condominiums will pay 75% of the single-family home rate.
Likewise, commercial and small industrial dischargers will pay in prop011ion to their use compared to a single-family home.
Dischargers with verified low water usage (pat1icularly seniors and retirees) can also qualify for a reduced charge.
Individual notices were mailed to every prope11y owner in the District on October 25.
The Supervisors will also consider Permanent Rent Stabilization and Interim Rent Stabilization Ordinances (2-D, Item 20); and consider an interim Mobilehome Rent Regulation and Permanent Mobilehome Rent Stabilization Ordinance (3-D, Item 26).
More November 19 meeting agenda highlights follow (see the complete November 19 meeting agenda here):
Presentations & Proclamations:
- * Honorable Akira Muto, commemorating his appointment as new Consul General of Japan in Los Angeles
- * Mary Weaver, in recognition of her retirement from her role as Executive Director of Friends Outside in Los Angeles County
- * Jaime Martín, in recognition of his new leadership position as Music Director of the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
- * Neighborhood Music School, in recognition of providing low-cost music instruction and scholarships to Boyle Heights students
- * Immaculate Heart Community, in recognition of “Corita Kent Day,” in honor and celebration of world-renowned artist Corita Kent
- * Los Angeles Native American Indian Commission and the Native American Veterans Association, in recognition of the 100th Anniversary of the United States Congress granting citizenship to American Indian Veterans
- * Kelly Lytle Hernández for her groundbreaking justice reform research
- * Proclaiming “Latina Equal Pay Day” (Item 3)
- * Proclaiming “Corita Kent Day” in Los Angeles County (Item 12)
Special District Agendas:
- * Newhall Ranch Sanitation District of Los Angeles County Recommendations (SD-1)
- * Boys and Girls Club of Los Angeles Harbor Community Development Block Grant Funding (1-D)
- * Permanent Rent Stabilization and Interim Rent Stabilization Ordinances (2-D, Item 20)
- * Interim Mobilehome Rent Regulation and Permanent Mobilehome Rent Stabilization Ordinance (3-D, Item 26)
- * Protecting Domestic Violence Survivors Seeking Asylum in the United States (Item 2)
- * Commitment to a Replacement for the Florence Library (Item 8)
- * Countywide Mental Health Services for Veterans (Item 9)
- * Restoring the Alondra Community Regional Park Comfort Station #1 and the Franklin D. Roosevelt Park Bathhouse Building Roof (Item 10)
- * Expanding Opportunities for Probation Officers Through a Master of Social Work Incentive Program (Item 14)
- * Building State-of-the Art Emergency Operations for Los Angeles County (Item 15)
Chief Executive Office:
- * Report on the Financial Status of the Sheriff’s Department (To be continued to December 10, 2019)
- * Implementing Classification Actions Related to the Fiscal Year 2019-20 Final Adopted Budget (Item 19)
- * Rental Housing Oversight Commission Ordinance (Item 21)
- * Modernization and Replacement of the Voting System Agreement Amendment (Item 23)
Health and Mental Health Services:
- * Security Services Agreements (Item 25)
- * High Desert Mental Health Urgent Care Center Project (Item 27)
- * Edward R. Roybal Comprehensive Health Center Air Handler Replacement Project (Item 28)
- * Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories Remodel Projects (Item 31)
- * Metro Green Line Vermont Station Wayfinding Signage Project (Item 32)
- * Best Value Job Order Contracts (Item 35)
- * Sativa-Lucien Waterline Project (Item 36)
- * Filming Television Programming License Agreement (Item 37, Revised Board Letter)
- * 2019 Port Security Grant Program Department of Homeland Security Grant Award (Item 39)
Ordinance for Adoption:
- * County Code, Title 6 – Salaries Amendment (Item 41)
- * Settlement of the Matters Entitled, J.C. v. Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services, et al. and T.L.C., et al. v. County of Los Angeles, et al. (Item 42)
Ordinances for Introduction:
- * County Code, Title 6 – Salaries Amendment (Item 53)
- * Interim Mobilehome Rent Stabilization Ordinance Amendment (Item 55)
- * Temporary Reinstatement of a Retired County Employee (Item 58)