The City of Santa Clarita announced today it was recognized with several silver and bronze awards for excellence in event development, marketing and promotion as part of this year’s International Festival & Events Association’s (IFEA) Haas & Wilkerson Pinnacle Awards. The awards were presented at the 56th annual IFEA Convention and Expo in Texas earlier this month.
The City of Santa Clarita’s awards included the following:
– Silver Award in the “Best Ad Series” category (budget under $250,000) for the Arts and Events Seasonal Calendars
– Silver Award in the “Best Environmental Program” category (budget under $250,000) for the City’s Earth Arbor Day event
– Silver Award in the “Best Educational Program” category (budget under $250,000) for the City’s Share the World program
– Bronze Award in the “Best Event Website” category (budget under $250,000) for the Santa Clarita Marathon web site (scmarathon.org)
– Bronze Award in the “Best Commemorative Poster” category (budget under $250,000) for the 2011 Cowboy Festival brochure
– Bronze Award in the “Best Children’s Programming” category (budget under $250,000) for the 4th Annual Santa Clarita Literacy & Arts Festival
– Bronze Award in the “Best Pin or Button” category (budget under $250,000) for the 2011 Cowboy Festival
“We believe the caliber of programming and the promotion of these events say a great deal about Santa Clarita as a community,” said Mayor Marsha McLean. “We take great pride in enhancing existing events and offering new opportunities each year that not only engage our community, but also take home top honors as some of the best in the world.”
The annual IFEA competition honors excellence in events marketing and promotion in 69 different categories. This year’s competition garnered entries from some of the world’s top festival and events, including: 500 Festival, Indianapolis, IN; Bayou City Art Festival in Houston, TX; Dublin Irish Festival, Dublin, OH; Portland Rose Festival, Portland, OR; the Pasadena Tournament of Roses, Pasadena, CA; Ham Pyeong Butterfly Festival, South Korea; World Gourmet Summit, Singapore; and the Edmonton Heritage Festival, Canada; among others.
For more information about the City of Santa Clarita’s awards from the International Festival & Events Association contact Phil Lantis, the city’s arts and events administrator, at 661-250-3775.
REAL NAMES ONLY: All posters must use their real individual or business name. This applies equally to Twitter account holders who use a nickname.
You can be the first one to leave a comment.