The California State University, Northridge Softball team will host the first Gary Torgeson Golf Tournament Saturday, Sept. 3, at Los Robles Golf Course in Thousand Oaks. Proceeds of the tournament will benefit the Matadors’ program.
Registration is set for 10 a.m. with the putting contest getting underway at 11 a.m. The shotgun start is scheduled for noon. Awards will be presented at the end of the tournament.
“We are excited to put on this event, the inaugural Gary Torgeson Golf Tournament,” said CSUN head coach Charlotte Morgan. “It is our first one as a staff and we can’t wait to get together with some amazing CSUN alumni and CSUN softball supporters. It’s a chance for us to get in front of one another and really get to talk and spend some time together. We were able to honor Coach Torgeson and his family at our Alumni event in the Spring, but we wanted to continue to honor him and the legacy that he left behind. We can’t wait for everyone to come out, golf a little, and socialize with our staff and our team. We hope to make this a yearly thing and build it into something bigger as the years progress.”
You can register online at GoMatadors.com/SoftballGolfTournament.
– Torgeson Family will be in attendance.
– There will be a putting contest prior to tee off.
– Snacks provided before event and food provided after.
– First, Second, and Third place prizes will be awarded.
– Raffle prizes are to be given out at the end of the event.
– $15 mulligans are available for purchase at check in.